Tim Neave



 
Hi FTW Co.
 
On Saturday I was racing at King's Lynn for round 3 of the championship.
I went into this round in joint 1st in the championship with 3x British champ Ade Collins. I was feeling very confident after finishing a close second to Ade after the first round at King's Lynn and beating him at the last round at Rye House.

450 Pro class: 
Practice went well and I felt fast, just had to make a gearing change.
Heat 1, I started from the back row. I made a great start, straight into 4th position, after two lap a rider fell in front of me, I took avoiding action meaning I rode fast straight into the foam fence (considering it was foam, it hurt an awful lot!) leaving me with swollen knee and limited movement. I made the restart, and finished 3rd, so I can't be too disappointed considering.
Heat 2, I started from the middle row, made a decent start, but Ade (#1) started in front on the front row, he made a good start as always, I was unable to pass him, so finished 2nd in this race.
Heat 3, I started from the front row, I made a clean start and was able to comfortably lead the race start to finish without pressure.
My heat results meant I had qualified 4th for the front row for the 12 lap final.
My start wasn't brilliant and I was 4th into turn 1, I made a good pass and moved into 2nd down the back straight behind team mate Pete Boast. After sitting behind Pete for 2 laps I tried a pass which left me high in the mables, 3 riders passed me, much to my disgrace and I lost a little ground. For the duration of the next 10 laps a pushed hard and reeled in 4th position, I pushed for everything up the inside of him, but just couldn't get the drive against the ex-Chris Carr machine, and so I finished 5th in the final.
The SPE Suzuki RM-Z 450 worked great all day.
I am now currently 2nd in the championship, 5 points behind #1 Ade. I am confident I can regain the championship lead and I'm really looking forward the the next race which is a half-mile limestone cushion track in Rhyl, N. Wales to be held on 28th June.

I managed to win the Thunderbike final on-board the Roeder Racing Honda CR500 framer. The bike worked great all day as always (although the throttle did break in the final, I was able to ride around it and take the win). I won 3/3 heats, and only in heat 2 was I put under pressure from hard rider Neil Martin.
I was also great to meet up with fellow FTWCO rider Travis Newbold and race against him in the Thunderbike class - he rode the wheels of the Triumph twin that he was racing, and considering is was his first time on it, did awesome to finish 2nd in the final!

More pictures to follow,

Tim