Introducing Oliver Taylor




My name is Oliver Taylor. I am 16 and live in the UK.
My first bike was a little rev and rip Honda PW50 which I had when I was about 7. I rode that all the time until it was stolen. Then I got a Suzuki 80cc crosser which I still own.
I first got into road racing when I went to watch the World Superbikes at Donington Park in 2007. I was hooked! The following season I went to every British Superbike round and also MotoGP. I had friends who were racing and that made me want to race even more. I got an Aprilia RS125 which I did a year of track days on. This year was my first year racing in Formula 125 and I made the podium in my first 3 races and was running second in the Championship, but I had to miss the next round due to technical issues with the bike and I also missed the next round due to my chain snapping in both races.
After the season I was picked for the Red Bull Rookies selection event in Motorland Aragon, Spain. Although I didn't get through, it was a great experience getting to ride with some real fast riders!
Realizing that I was struggling to 'tuck in' on the Aprilia, I decided that moving up to a bigger bike would be the best way to progress for next year, so I am currently preparing my new Triumph Daytona 675 for next season, when I will be racing in NGRR & EMRA.
Thanks again and I look forward to riding for you!

Oliver Taylor