Tim Neave

Sunday was Round 1 of the DTRA British Flat Track Championship which took place at King's Lynn speedway track. 
The weather was great all day, which was lucky for us guys as just lately its been awful!
Unfortunately my Honda CR500 Framer Thunderbike broke in practice - the shock bust! So that put me out of that class for the day, not a great start, but I'm sure we'll get the points back together and be pushing for the championship after the next few meetings!
I also competed in the Pro 450 class on my Suzuki RM-Z 450. The bike worked great all day after making changes to gearing and tire pressures... I won my first heat from the back row, my second heat I finished 4th much to my disappointment after been passed by Alan Birtwistle (who has just spent all winter racing ice speedway and flat track with you guys in the States). Heat 3, I finished 2nd after holding off 3X British FT champion.
I had qualified for 3rd on the front row of the grid for the main event. After making a good start, I was 2nd into the turn 1. I managed to hold my line throughout the 12 lap race and finished the race in 2nd with a comfortable lead from 3rd, and I was catching the race winner towards the end. I'm pleased with this result and it gives me some good points going into the championship. The next round is at Rye House speedway on 19th May. 

Thanks,
Regards,

Tim