Anthony Brown

5/31
Race Report as promised
May 29th/Amman Valley,Wales
 It was a rainy wet Saturday morning as we drove across the Severn Bridge into Wales. We were pretty sure that Saturdays Mefo Cup Euro Flattrack round would be cancelled. We set up our pit and waited. The start time was pushed back and back as the rain continued. Finally at 6pm the rain had stopped and the track had started to drink the surface water.

By 6.30 pm we were covered from head to toe in the slate-like shale. It was all you could do to stack enough tear offs to last the 6 laps. That said for a track that had seen so much water but the surface was great. We finished riding at about 10:30, no great results for me or Geoff (Co-Built)but we had a blast.

Geoff was riding a new bike we only finished it on Friday Evening. The first couple of races were tough for him and he had some problems. There was some frantic action between the races getting things sorted.

After racing we had a great BBQ and talked crap 'til we could take no more and retired to the back of the van.

Sunday was the third round of the UK Shorttrack series. The day was completely different. We opened the van door and the sun was shining.

The track had dried and even in practice was starting to get a little dusty. The racing was hard and fast, most of the European guys had stayed over for the UK round so there was a big field. Racing both Shorttrack and Thunderbike classes meant loads of racing so the day seemed long. For the first time this season I failed to make my Thunderbike final but the good news was Geoff made it through. I leant my bike to our Co-Built team mate Guto (a local hero with a wild style) his bike had dropped a chain in the race just before the final. Both Finals were great racing, a blanket would have covered the first 3 riders in both cases.

June15th/Homberg, Germany
 Last weekend just gone, Myself and Geoff were in Germany for the 4th round of this years Flattrack Mefo Cup. 1200mile round trip but it was worth it just to get 120mph out of the van on the autobahn. (I was just a second too slow with the camera tho)

We had a great time except I forgot to check my fuel and ran out in one of the heats.

July 12th/Stoke, Staffordshire
 This weekend just gone both me and Geoff were racing at Stoke in the industrial midlands of the UK. We had a great meeting and were both riding well. Geoff made the Shorttrack semi's on his Rotax framer against a field of DTX bikes, and I won the B final. Our main class is Thunderbike.  Anyways, we both made the Thunderbike final. I was running ahead of Geoff but he got taken down on the second corner. He remounted but rode out the race a lap down.
I was pushing for forth and just took it over the line. As I was shaking hands and chatting with the rider I beat, we both released that we had an extra lap to complete. So I went from 4t to last!! Anyway thats racing. Well it is for me anyway.
FTW
 Anthony
 Also check out our feature on the MTV Blog:
http://mtvblogs.co.uk/mtv-news/left-left-left-tight-left/6529