Matt Brusky


Beaver Cycle Club
Our first District 16 outdoor race was a short track race on Saturday, May 6th. It was great to see so many friends and riders for the first time in 2017 at Beaver. The track was rough on Saturday. I had very good heat races in the 250cc and Open Amateur where I finished 2nd in both. I struggled in my 505cc heat and finished 5th.  My 250 main event race was wild.  We had 13 riders and I got a weak start that that put me in 4th place after turn 2.  I was able to successfully move up into 3rd place coming out of turn 4 completing lap 1. While closing in on the 2 leaders, the second place rider fell and took me out. I was able to get up and restart the race.  I had to start on the third row and charge thought the field to finish 5th.  I also had a strong 6th place finish in a 13 rider main event in Open Amateur and finished 6th in the 505cc Main.