Tim Neave

Last weekend we traveled to Motoland, Aragon in Spain to take part in a 4-day event, the Kenny Noyes Dirt Track Festival.
Practice was held Thursday, Friday and Sunday, on 2 clay short tracks and a TT track.
On Saturday evening a race was held on the short track, and the top 3 finishers got an invite to 2013 MotoGP Champion Marc Marquez's celebratory Flat Track race, to be held at the '92 Barcelona Olympic Stadium on 11th Jan 2014.

Thursday started great, and we were riding on the super grippy clay short track. Unfortunately the track wasn't in best shape, with some big ruts forming on the exit of turn 4 which didn't make it the easiest to ride or the safest. I felt I was the fastest out there in practice, as I soon adapted to the different riding technique needed to ride the clay tracks, which we don't have back in England.
Regardless of that, I still hit the ruts coming out of 4, which resulted in a tank slapper and me hitting a bale on the outside of the track, I went over the bars and as I landed I broken my scaphoid in my right hand, so no more riding for me for the remaining 3 days.
Despite not been able to compete in the big race on Saturday evening to qualify for Marquez's 'Superprestigio' event in Jan, I've managed to secure an invite for the race; which is just a dream come true and an opportunity of a life time. I'll get to line up to race flat track alongside Marquez and many other motorcycling starts, such as Brad Baker (2013 US AMA Grand National Flat Track Champion), Moto2 Champ Pol Espargo and runner up Alex Rins, Moto3 Champion Maverick Vinales, plus ex-dirt trackers, Nicky Hayden and Colin Edwards to name a few.
To race in this event I'm having to change my set up to meet the rules and regulations; we need to run 17" wheels as apposed to our 19", and run supermoto tires as apposed to our Flat Track tires. If you know of anybody that has 17" wheels that I could borrow (for a Suzuki 450), or if would be interested in helping me source some wheels, it would be a huge help!

The following week (18th-21st Jan), I am taking part in a 4-day track day on the South coast of Spain at the Almeria circuit.
I can now announce that I'll be road racing next year in the Minitwins championship at Thundersport GB, under Phil Crowe racing.
I'll be the newly imported CF-Moto 650i which was proven this season by my twin brother Tom. So I'm heading out for some testing and for some experience and track time in the sun before the 2014 season starts.

I think we'll be driving to Barcelona for the race, then heading inland to Motorland Aragon, for some flat track training and trials riding, and then heading down to Almeria for the road race testing! So a good January planned if all goes well. If you feel you could help me at all in this trip, please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated! Or if you'd like to join me at all, I'm sure we could sort something!

Thanks

Kind Regards,

Tim