Travis Newbold




Yo CoC,
 
Had a helluva weekend up on the hill last weekend. If only there were more race courses like that place! I am still high. like higher than a hippie in a helicopter. Saturday was a bummer; got up at 3am and drove my chord showing van tires up to the halfway point as motorcycles were practicing the top half while cars were on the bottom. Sighting run was nice as there is nothing like watching dawn break over Nebraska and Kansas from atop America's mountain. So on my first run at speed there is one corner that is called the ragged edge. It is a scary corner for me as the inside is a straight up cliff and the outside is a big drop. when done correct you do not have to let off.  As I used my x-ray vision I saw through the apex and saw the outside coming at me scary fast, I rolled of the throttle for a fraction of a second and felt the motor locking up again. third top end in a month. this one scared me a bit. good thing my clutch finger was all over it like a 4 yr old on an otter pop. I tore the siezing cunt down last night and found the drive gear for my waterpump/ counterbalencer/ oil pump had come undone. Would have been nice to find that out two top ends ago. such is life. Any Hoo for Sunday's practice I put my swing arm, wheels, and suspension on my off road bike, scrapped some crust off my air filter, kicked some mud off the skid plate and with pump gas and a bone stock (R) top end my ol honda X was putting down times in the top three all day. The new pavement section on the bottom was the last of the holy decomposed granit dirt to get sealed over with tarmac. It was fresh and fast. Just like when trying to best a level time in super mario bros I got faster and faster every pass untill I was living life on an elevated plane of existence. Few moments in side my helmet where I was screaming like a school girl. Sofa King Swell! Place is amazing. One time I was flattout and Tracey came by me on his Ducati like I was standing still. I was allready over the white line, he must have been off the road! Only three weeks till race week! fuck!

Travis Newbold