Tim Neave

Hi CoC,

Heat 1 in the Thunderbikes, #99 fell in front of me, his rear wheel hit my gear changer, bending it under the crank casing, and so I was unable to change gear out of first, and so I had to quit the race. Heat 2, the weakened gear changer again bent under the crank casing meaning I could not change out of first gear, so I had to pull out of the race again. Heat 3, I finish 1st from the back row. 10 lap final, starting with last pick on the middle row, I hit neutral off the line and was dead last into the first corner, I got my head down and started passing the field, I was up to 2nd by lap 9, and on the last corner I aggressively passed #26 up the inside to take the win!

After struggling in practice, I did not get off to a brilliant start in my first 450 heat race. I didn't seem to pick up the technique required to ride Oxford track as I would have liked. The more aggressive and harder I rode, the more people passed me, you had to ride very accurately, it seemed the slower you went the faster you went, haha. I think that was due to the large rut on turn 3/4 and the holes/bumps on turn 1/2. I finished 4th in all of my 450 heat races. 
Starting with first pick on the middle row in my semi, I didn't make a brilliant start, but managed to build speed throughout the race, passing riders to finish 3rd, which I was pleased with this considering my heat results, which left me with 1st pick on the second row for the 15 lap main event. Again, I failed to make a good start, but I did manage a good first corner, and so I passed a good few riders up the inside on the exit of turn 2 which put me into 4th position. Lap 5, Trapmore passed me up the inside but failed to hold his line, so I shortly passed him back. #68 then passed me for 4th place putting my into 5th, I chased him hard for 3 laps but just couldn't put a move on him! I'm afraid that's all I can remember, I believe I caught my right foot-peg in the fence, which caused me to fall, also causing 5 other riders to fall as the fence had been pulled across the track. Unfortunately that left with a broken left collar bone, broken left radius (fore arm), small hole in left lung and cut in my spleen. After 5 days in Oxford Hospital, I am now home and healing well, just a little stiff and bruised. It's going to be 6 weeks until get my casts off of my arm and until my collar bone is healed, but unfortunately 3 months until I can ride again, just because I cannot risk banging my spleen! 

Tim Neave